November 5, 2014

Calling on the Lord: Day 3 & 4

Ahh, sinking into a sweet moment of peace here in a busy week to do what my soul wants to do--think and write without interruption.

And would you know I wanted to do something different originally--31 Days of His Faithfulness, sharing stories of how He's worked in my life. It would have been easier than this, and I would still love to do that series! But I felt God was calling me to be involved, more personal in my role of pursuing a relationship with Him, and actively calling me to wrestle out my faith here.

Day 3

Lord, have you seen the news? The world's news? My family's? Do you know what's happening here on earth and how broken it can be. The world responds by looking for "the good in humanity". But what if (and we are) all are sinful? Then where do we look for hope? What is your plan in all of this? How much longer must we wait for the healing of the nations? What is your will in moving us to such an affluent area? What is your heart for this place? And what are your purposes in our own financial struggles? What of my dreams? What else can we do?

Verse: This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you", declares the Lord... -Jeremiah 29 {Thank you for these pages of your word this day.}

Day 4

Verse: Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. -Proverbs 3:17

Lord I want others to experience your peace through me. I want to surrender my anxiousness to you. I want to have you be known through me. I've served and I've served, but I've neglected to sit by you. To be still. To choose what is better, sitting by your feet knowing you. And I'm worried 'bout so many things, but you God are available to me. In a messy humble home, with a tired mother. This is how you entered our world. And that's the next part of hope in this song I'm writing--you with us.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment