May 29, 2013

For Always Love.

How many people can say they've loved you for always?

One of my favorite children's books is "Love You Forever" which tells of a mother's enduring love for her child through all her life. I remember my parents sharing this story with me and I now get all weepy eyed reading it (the same copy!) to my own daughter. Again and again the mother in the story says, "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be."

Oh it's so true...this lasting love. Isn't this how God designed motherhood? This forever connection of I'll love you for always. A loyal, gracious, tough and tender love like God's love.

Can you imagine being separated from the child you love?

Maybe you don't have to imagine, maybe it's a pain you carry from infertility, miscarriage, adoption setbacks, abduction, prodigal children, etc. If this is you, my heart breaks for you. And I pray for His presence to be felt in your endless ache.

This dear mother in Mumbai, India is separated from her daughter, her "love you for always" baby. 

"Kay Chernush for the U.S. State Department"

She needs our compassion and strength. Her daughter is missing and given her situation her child was likely kidnapped and placed in one of the many brothels in India. Lost children, due to trickery and kidnapping, is a global epidemic. Every 60 seconds a child is sold for sex worldwide.

Life just isn't like the movie "Taken" where this mother has the connections and resources to quickly get her daughter back. She waits with the pain and worry in her heart so evident on her face.

Pray for this mother & all mothers who hold out faith for the one they love for always. Pray for their children to be found in such love. Rescue is coming.

I blog for Exodus Road, a non-profit coalition that empowers rescue from sex slavery through fueling investigations and interventions. Stories and statistics are provided; the post is my own writing.

Linking up with:
The Life of Faith

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment