August 23, 2012

Rescuin' hope!

Desperate. is. a. heavy. place. to. be.

In 2005-2006 my heart was pulled in the direction of learning about modern day sex trafficking. It was a heavy year in my life. My heart broke for the precious girls and boys losing their innocence, families, and futures. I angered over their families selling them/kidnappers taking them/pimps abusing them/buyers using them. I educated myself on the latest international trafficking news and I "labored"with my heavy heart desiring to heal and protect them, to do something. Anything.

Because. desperate. is. where. they. are. every. day.

Then one blessed day while reading my Radiant magazine, I came across an article about Love 146, which changed my course for hope and action. Love 146 is a non-profit raising awareness and resources to combat child sex trafficking. They are an inviting community of love, passion, & power.

{yep, this is the article from 2006}
I remember that afternoon so clearly, feeling Jesus say "this is where, this is how" you can help. I felt like I could be a heartbeat for the mission of Love146, that I found a home for my compassion. I learned about the power of being an advocate for Love 146. I began with partnering with my campus World Challenge group and educating other students about sex-trafficking and about organizations providing hope, such as Love 146. My friends and I would brainstorm ways to be advocates, spend evenings in prayer for these girls, and speak of healing. Some students and I put together a campus wide dinner & presentation on modern day slavery. There was hope.

Desperate. was. my. heart. for. them.

Then I had a couple of years where I navigated post college life, shifted my focus into marriage and supporting my husband's ministry, and pouring into local girl's programs at non-profits. But I felt lost on how to live this calling of advocacy without my previous community of this shared passion and in a community with so many needs itself and so few leaders. I was desperate. I needed a new platform.

Welcome to Redeeming Her.

I need your help in growing the story of hope, so please stay connected!

with redeeming hands,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Amazing post and story Rachel! You are such a great person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittany!

    God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
    his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
    They're created new every morning.
    How great your faithfulness!
    -Lamentations 3:22

    ReplyDelete